Health Republic Insurance of New Jersey (HRINJ) is a new, nonprofit, member-driven health plan with just one mission: to bring quality, affordable health insurance to independent workers, small businesses, and others not offered employee-sponsored health plans in New Jersey.
We are constantly exploring new ideas in a fast-paced and fun work environment, and are looking for people who can creatively help drive important health market reforms.
[ + ]IT Help Desk Technician, Member Services
Health Republic Insurance of New Jersey (HRINJ) is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician, Member Services to be responsible for resolving HRINJ Member issues escalated from the standard Member Services team. These will include technical issues related to HRINJ website/member portal access, account finalization, and error messages inside the member portal. As time permits, they will also assist the Systems Administrator in resolving internal IT issues and system setup.
- Resolve HRINJ Member IT/Website issues via remote and telephone sessions.
- Document HRINJ Member IT/Website issues to build comprehensive knowledge base.
- Assist Systems Administrator in HRINJ Staff IT issue resolution.
- Assist Systems Administrator in HRINJ Staff systems configuration.
- Experience with current versions of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS.
- Experience with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari.
- Knowledge of Remote Control software.
- Previous Help Desk and/or Member Services experience preferred.
- Self-motivated and disciplined with a strong work ethic.
[ + ]Member Engagement and Outreach Associate
Health Republic Insurance of New Jersey (HRINJ) is seeking a Member Engagement and Outreach Associate to join the Member Engagement and Marketing team. The Associate will report to the Manager of Member Engagement and focus on conducting outreach with community stakeholders and other organizations. This staff member will work with locally-based groups to educate them on health reform and the marketplace/exchange, as well as the CO-OP.
- Conduct outreach calls and identify and visit targeted geographic areas and hubs with potential members to ensure there is an understanding of HRINJ and its benefits, and to emphasize the importance of health care for those who are uninsured.
- Identify and follow up with a broad array of generated leads, including those received from other staff.
- Receive research, review and streamline processes, and track all incoming lead referrals and recruitment efforts.
- Assist with development and coordination of events and other community activities that meet established criteria for optimal outreach.
- Provide feedback on how to best reach local community using paid/unpaid media.
- Work with volunteers and other community partners in identifying opportunities for member engagement.
- Assist in preparing and submitting projects, reports or assignments as needed to meet organizational objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B. A. or B.S. degree required.
- Strong experience managing organizational outreach and member marketing efforts for a member-driven constituency, health plan or other relevant company.
- 3-5 years of marketing, outreach and/or community organizing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert familiarity and agility using new and emerging communication/social media technologies.
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects, both individual and team-based.
- Must have a collaborative work style and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be available to participate in offsite meetings and events during weekday evenings and on weekends as needed or required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce software preferred.
- Licensed to sell insurance products in New Jersey preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 35 lbs. for a distance of up to 50 ft.
- Ability to perceive and visualize objects and print materials at close range (20 inches or less) and in color.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk about the office or external environments.
- Ability to listen and speak in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to travel to and attend meetings that take place outside the typical office environment.
- Ability to listen, perceive and communicate for extended hours in office and meeting environments.
[ + ]Product Compliance Specialist
Health Republic Insurance of New Jersey (HRINJ) is seeking a Product Development Specialist to ensure Plan filings are submitted accurately and in a timely manner as required by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance (DOBI), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and other State and Federal government bureaus. She or he will bridge the gap between plan development and compliance, manage the the complexities of plan filings while establishing consistency in Plan filing procedures. She or he will also be responsible for correcting faults in plan design as delegated by state and federal entities, and responding to auditors in a timely manner.
- Strategically manage Health Insurance Plan filings submission process for New Jersey and other states as required, ensuring filing requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner, and submitting state filings through the SERFF tracking system as required.
- Develop and review recommendations for new coverages and contracts in conjunction with cross-functional team members, including Plan Specialist, Compliance Administrator, QualCare Representative, etc.
- Collaborate with management, legal, compliance, actuarial and state regulatory personnel to resolve any issues relevant to securing state approval of forms and rates, and to revise products or procedures for compliance with new laws.
- Oversee need for extensions, re-submissions, and withdrawals, and revisions to existing contracts and endorsements.
- Develop and submit responses to State and Federal objections and criticisms, and respond directly to auditors from DOBI, CMMS, OIG, and other State and Federal government bureaus as required.
- Document and maintain accurate records of all activities surrounding the filing, approval, rejection, responses, etc., for all filed products.
- Collaborate with consultants and vendors who execute filings on behalf of HRINJ, and coordinate with IT on implementation of regulatory adoptions and proprietary products.
- Publish formal corporate communications regarding filing approvals.
- B.A. or B.S. required; M.B.A., J.D. or other advanced degree preferred.
- 8-10 years comparable experience in the health insurance industry with strong knowledge of state and federal laws and mandates regarding plan development; New Jersey-specific experience preferred.
- Experienced submitting filings using SERFF, with some knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Solid project management skills and ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and manage multiple demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain strict attention to detail, even with the pressure of strict filing deadlines and competing accountabilities.
- Strong relationship management skills with internal clients, e.g. management, peers and colleagues, and representatives of external entities such as DOBI, CMS, etc.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. We review resumes on a rolling basis, so you may submit your resume to us at any time for general consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Accommodation Statement:
Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, family medical history or genetic information, liability for military service, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, AIDS and HIV status, and any other legally protected status. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. If you require disability accommodation to apply for this position, please contact the Human Resources Manager at 201.244.4755.